Saturday, December 14, 2013

Divine Intervention

I've been meaning to share this all week, but the week just got away from me. Last week I decided I wanted to find an ornament (or ornaments) to memorialize the babies. So last week I was on a mission to find angel/cherub ornaments. I went to so many places that I lost count. It was a crummy weather day and I was in a wretched mood. Not the kind of mood you want to be in to find what I was looking for. This was also the day I had to finally write the letter to my children, so that was looming over me as well. I was in Hobby Lobby and there were kids everywhere. I was surrounded by kids while I was looking for ornaments for my dead children. Just another painful reminder. I know that probably sounds harsh, but that's just the kind of mood I was in that day. Of course I couldn't find anything there, so I took my bad mood back to the car and headed on to the next store.

All week, I had been listening to the audio version of Heaven is for Real. One of the families in our group gave us all copies. Some may know the book, but if not it's about a four year old boy who had a visit to Heaven during a life threatening surgery. The book, written by his father, is about the things he tells his parents he saw during his visit to Heaven.

So I'm driving to the next store, in the rain with my terrible attitude, when the chapter starts where they talk about the baby they miscarried. The son was not aware of the miscarriage, but he claims he met his sister in Heaven. The parents also didn't know it was a girl. The chapter was about their feelings about the miscarriage and the fact that their child was in Heaven even though she was never born. My attitude started to change a little. I have faith that my children are in Heaven. I don't know if this child really saw these things, but even still it gives me hope knowing I will see my children again one day. 

As I pulled into my parking spot at the next store I saw a car in the next aisle with a Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness sticker. I have one on my car and I've maybe seen one other one in the last couple of years. I believe there are definitely times in your life when you hear or see something that you needed at that very moment. Call it what you will, Divine intervention or coincidence. Regardless, I needed it right then.

Back to the ornament! I never found one I liked in all the stores I went to that day, but I came home after my Heartstrings meeting that night and took a shot at finding one on the internet. I just couldn't find one that felt right and then BAM! This one finds me. The item description was "angel prints - loss ornament honoring 5 babies." It wasn't an angel ornament, but it was way better! This Etsy store ships loss ornaments next day. I ordered it late Thursday night and it was hanging on my tree by Monday morning. It's perfect, just like my babies.



 
Here is a link to the Etsy store:


1 comment:

  1. That is the sweetest ornament! So glad you found what you wanted even if it really found you!

    ReplyDelete